HF.net Fantasy Hockey Leagues - Sign Up Poll

pilldoc

HF.net Fantasy Hockey Leagues 2016-17 Season  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in the upcoming 2016-17 HF.net Fantasy Hockey League season?

• (YES) I participated last year in either the All Star League or Bantam A League and YES - I am interest in participating again this year.
    • (NO) I participated last year in either the All Star LEague or Bantam A League and NO - I am NOT interested in participating this year.
    • (YES) - I did not participate in either league last year BUT I am VERY INTERESTED in participating this year.
    • (NO) - I did not participate last year and NO I doNOT wish to participate this year.

In the other thread I forgot to add a sign up poll.  Starting a new thread so it appears in the Shoutbox Announcements.

If you are a returning GM who participated last year, please shoot a PM to both @hf101 and myself letting us know if you plan on returning this year or not.

If you are new and wish to participate this year, please shoot a PM to both @hf101 and myself letting us know you will like to participate.

Please remember ...NO EXPERIENCE is required.  We had a 1st time GM win last year in the Bantam A League.!

Congrats to @TropicalFruitGirl26 :goodjob: for winning the Bantam A League last year.

More info may be found here.......

thanks

pilldoc

ESPN HF.net FHL (All Star & Bantam A League  Conn Smythe League)

League Manager

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tagged the following members listed below who participated last year.  Please respond if you plan on participating this year...thanks

Note: in (is the league you will be placed for the upcoming year due to your finish from last year).  We changed the Bantam A League to the Conn Smythe League

@pilldoc (All Star) - CONFIRMED

@hf101 (All Star) - CONFIRMED

@AJgoal (All Star) - CONFIRMED

@aziz (Conn Smythe) - CONFIRMED

@J0e Th0rnton (All Star)  CONFIRMED

@yave1964 (All Star)

@Bakanekimiwa (All Star) - CONFIRMED

@TropicalFruitGirl26 (All Star) -CONFIRMED

@InsideEdge (Conn Smythe) - CONFIRMED

@EDI-Flyer (Conn Smythe) - CONFIRMED

@JR Ewing (Conn Smythe) - CONFIRMED -1st alternate to All Star if someone declines participation

@Mad Dog (i know you wanted to play last year then had to back out ..are you interested this year?)

@Bosque Bill (Conn Smythe)

@Polaris922 (Conn Smythe)

@FD19372 (All Star) CONFIRMED

@teenagemutantninjahertl (All Star)

@Hockey Junkie (Conn Smythe) - CONFIRMED

@Yorick (Conn Smythe)

@ScottM (Conn Smythe) - CONFIRMED -2nd alternate to All Star if room opens up.

@ReedyCreekBuc (Conn Smythe) - DECLINED

@The Mountain Man (All Star) - CONFIRMED

2 minutes ago, ReedyCreekBuc said:

I'm not going to play this year. Thanks for letting me participate!

Sorry to see you not come back.  Hopefully we can change your mind for next year.  Thank you for your quick response.

I'm kinda interested, but (since I've never done the fantasy league thing) I have literally no idea what I'm supposed to do at the various important dates during the year. So, um, if you want me on board, a link to 'a dumbasses guide to fantasy league' would be a helpful start.

1 hour ago, Puck_Pun said:

I'm kinda interested, but (since I've never done the fantasy league thing) I have literally no idea what I'm supposed to do at the various important dates during the year. So, um, if you want me on board, a link to 'a dumbasses guide to fantasy league' would be a helpful start.

I'll send you a PM

you will do fine! There are many who will help you out.  don't be afraid to ask.

Welcome aboard!

38 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I still have sand in my arse over finishing runner up to Yave after making a big trade with Yave. So I have to redeem myself!

I remember there were 4-5 teams that we were so close to each other....it really was pretty tight come playoff time

6 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So when will we know the draft date and time?

NO...the draft date and time are TBD.  Don't worry as soon as we have a time and date I will let everyone know in as far as advanced as I can.

16 hours ago, InsideEdge said:

Count me in -- had a great time last year.  

7 hours ago, aziz said:

i'm in

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Count me in. 

Welcome Back!  I'm looking forward to another fun season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I am in if you get this.  Sign me up for your league.  I would prefer the top league this year as I was in the bantum last year.  I do not know how you can decide or rate anyone's true knowledge of the game here?  I certainly know the game well.  I have been a die hard fan since the late 1960's.  So I would consider it an insult to be placed in some beginner league because I do not cheer for the same team as all of the above

It's based on how you finished.  It's not on "knowledge," it's on performance.

For example, this year I'll be in the Bantam (it has a new name, and I forget at the moment) because I'm new.

Next year, I'll be in Bantam because I'll suck.

If you want to be in the top league, you have to play your way in.   I forget what the specifics of that are.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I am in if you get this.  Sign me up for your league.  I would prefer the top league this year as I was in the bantum last year.  I do not know how you can decide or rate anyone's true knowledge of the game here?  I certainly know the game well.  I have been a die hard fan since the late 1960's.  So I would consider it an insult to be placed in some beginner league because I do not cheer for the same team as all of the above

Please enter me in the league

HJ,

You are already in the Bantam League (Conn Smythe). You confirmed your team weeks ago.  Draft is next Saturday( October 1st)  for Conn Smythe GM's at 7 pm.

I have made two posts here and do not see them?  I have attempted to join

XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX  :5726b5fcd63d1_smileyandcomputer:

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

It's based on how you finished.  It's not on "knowledge," it's on performance.

For example, this year I'll be in the Bantam (it has a new name, and I forget at the moment) because I'm new.

Next year, I'll be in Bantam because I'll suck.

If you want to be in the top league, you have to play your way in.   I forget what the specifics of that are.

Yup the All Star League is invite only for finishing in top  6 in last years All Star League and last finishing top 6 in last years Bantam League.

For this season, in order to make the All Star League next year a GM has to finish in top 6 in this year's All Star League or finish top 3 in the Conn Smythe League or finish top 3 in Jack Adams League.

Hope this helps. :)

Archived