Panic Moves

Lindbergh31

Since Holmgren has a history of making panic moves, how long do you think before he makes a panic move if the Flyers keep losing. Bob McKenzie of TSN stated last night that PK Subban and the Canadiens are 2 years and 2 million dollars apart on a new contract and said there is a possibility of Subban being traded. With that being said would Holmgren trade for Subban?

Subban would be LOVED in Philly... If he is available she is what the Dr ordered. The big question is what we would have to give up in a trade... Would you trade B Schenn for him?

Can't, just acquired L Schenn. Not sure what PK is worth without a contract though. I think the value should be significantly lower. Not free mind you, but more towards a reasonable level. No overpaying.

Subban would be LOVED in Philly... If he is available she is what the Dr ordered. The big question is what we would have to give up in a trade... Would you trade B Schenn for him?

In a heartbeat....I'll help navigate to Canada for ya. Though I like Schenn....he is one player I could actually part with........

When do we leave......

• Like 1

Since Holmgren has a history of making panic moves, how long do you think before he makes a panic move if the Flyers keep losing. Bob McKenzie of TSN stated last night that PK Subban and the Canadiens are 2 years and 2 million dollars apart on a new contract and said there is a possibility of Subban being traded. With that being said would Holmgren trade for Subban?

$2m per year, I'm assuming?

There is no question we have the assets that a team like MOntreal would want to get a deal done. Question is how badly Homer wants a top line defenseman. Judging from this summer, pretty badly.

agree doom. while i hate subbans Punk Factor. he is that puck moving D man this team needs. id think about moving anyone not named giroux or coutrier. gotta give to get

I agree we need a puck moving D man but at what cost? Some here seem to think we are deep offensively. With Hartnell out for how long, the loss of JVR and Jagr this offseason this team isn't exactly deep with forwards anymore. Sure trading someone like Schenn our Couturier for Subban would solve the puck moving defenseman problem but it would also widen the lack of depth at forward. I understand you have to trade talent to get talent but to be honest there really isn't a surplus of talent at one particular position on this team that would allow us to make a deal where we don't lose a whole lot to pick up what we need.

I think we need to prepare for a year where we applaud the effort and look for growth in our young guys... there is talent on the roster, in the 3rd year for Couterier and Schenn i expect we'll see vast improvement in their offensive production and comfort level on the team and in the league. I think this shorten season will be a blessing that it is one in which the team experiences its growing pains.

i'm just glad to be watching NHL hockey.

• Like 2

I really dont want any part of Subban, and what it's going to take to get him. Unless they take Brayden Schenn, it's a no. Not trading Couts for a guy your going to have to pay big bucks

Call me racist..I still do not want that Canadien on a team I root for....the guy is toxic to a locker room. Yes he has skills but I don't think he is worth the baggage...

Is he disliked in the lockerroom? I know he's a showoff on the ice, but I've also heard he is a very likeable guy.

That said, he's not worth what he's asking right now.

Yes, he should trade for him. We need a quality offensive D'Man.

Is he disliked in the lockerroom? I know he's a showoff on the ice, but I've also heard he is a very likeable guy.

That said, he's not worth what he's asking right now.

From different articles I have read and from different Players, Hal Gill, Alexandre Picard, and Mike Richards if I recall correctly basically have the same opinion of him, that he is a spoiled brat that thinks his fecal matter does not stink. Has he grown up since those remarks, not very likely. I don't doubt his skills and the fact that his play could help the team but character still has to count for something, and his lack of it is not something you need or want on your team.

Breaking News.............."In the ultimate show of panic, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is said to be interersted in bringing Kyle Calder, Mike York and Jon Sim and Robert Esche back to the Flyers (e4)"

There is no way Calder or York are coming back to the Flyers.

Keep an eye out for "shutdown center" Petr Nedved, though.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

There is no way Calder or York are coming back to the Flyers.

Keep an eye out for "shutdown center" Petr Nedved, though.

:ph34r:

Aww, I was looking forward to chants of "Peppermint Fatty" as bowls of cheese covered nachos were thrown on the ice!

• Like 1