Chuck, “We’re selling” proceeds to make zero trades.

Samifan

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

So let me get this straight all they get is a bum forward and a 5th and 6th round picks.

So bad you can't make this sh it up!!!!

Should really help with the rebuild.

You know what would have helped more? 

NOT trading away draft picks.

• Uggh... 2

Fletch completely failed at his job.  He couldn't build a winning franchise, and he doesn't know how to rebuild, either. He is completely worthless. But unless people stop paying for tickets, nothing will change.  

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 3

I just wrote this in PM but figured why the hell not here.

I think i wrote this before, but if not: my wife worked for Comcast corporate for two years for internal communications for their Xfinity engineering group. In the two years she was there, they had four reorgs (laid off on the fourth reorg at Christmas, but not the point to this). They'd have a really involved project, were nearing completion and presentation and WHAM!: reorg. They'd scrap literally everything and then refocus on something else only for the exact same thing 6 months later.

I'm telling you: the Flyers aren't a Comcast accident; it's their business model.

Sadly, I don't have an ISP option where we live so i have to pay way too much to these d###s knowing exactly where 75% of it is going. There's no fiber here and I refuse to go to DirecTV.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I just wrote this in PM but figured why the hell not here.

I think i wrote this before, but if not: my wife worked for Comcast corporate for two years for internal communications for their Xfinity engineering group. In the two years she was there, they had four reorgs (laid off on the fourth reorg at Christmas, but not the point to this). They'd have a really involved project, were nearing completion and presentation and WHAM!: reorg. They'd scrap literally everything and then refocus on something else only for the exact same thing 6 months later.

I'm telling you: the Flyers aren't a Comcast accident; it's their business model.

Sadly, I don't have an ISP option where we live so i have to pay way too much to these d###s knowing exactly where 75% of it is going. There's no fiber here and I refuse to go to DirecTV.

Please don't give Comcast any of your money, for any reason. They, nor this franchise deserve it.

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Please don't give Comcast any of your money, for any reason. They, nor this franchise deserve it.

I literally don't have an option. My wife works from home full time and i work hybrid (mostly in office by choice). We need to bandwidth and we literally don't have an option.  Though it's "not a monopoly."

• Like 1

Chuck Fletcher should be fired.

The lack of any sort of Aggressive Re-tooling over the summer could have been the final straw.

The third 10 game losing streak was where I reached a point of no-return with him and them.

Then the Ranger's fan takeover of WFC, now this.

And Comcast and the old head's are fine with it.

**** them all.

Edited by mojo1917
Completed a thought that was missing cause I'm a lousy typist
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

It's kind of funny that JVR now sits at the top of the trade board. Just about everybody else already moved and cap gymnastics all over the place. 

Really admire the way Yzerman shifted his plan so quickly. So many high picks he's going to build another Tampa. 

He’s gonna build another Tampa and the Flyers have turned into Detroit, not the team, the city. A desolate failure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Chuck Fletcher should be fired.

The lack of any sort of Aggressive Re-tooling over the summer could have been the final straw.

The third 10 game losing streak was where I 

Then the Ranger's fan takeover of WFC, now this.

And Comcast and the old head's are fine with it.

**** them all.

^^^^^^

This x10000

This is why Fletch has to be fired .......  to not move JVR is inexcusable ......

Cough cough ..... Fletcher can't be serious ....

"He said JVR would be a “good mentor down the stretch” for the younger Flyers."

I don't want JVR mentoring any Flyer prospects .... Keep him the hell away from this team ......

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I did find this ....

So JVR was allegedly going to be moved to Detroit, but the deal was unable to be completed for reasons that have yet to be confirmed. Will update the story when we get that. .......

Been travelling this afternoon, wow what a sh!tshow with JVR. About a half an hur b4 deadline the announcers said the Wings were in on JVR which made zero sense, then Freidman showed what an idiot he is by saying the deal was done then everyone in the world shot that down within five minutes. I was praying to God he was not coming to the Wings, we are already the softest team in Hockey, dont need anyone even softer.

My bet is he failed the physical when they discovered he did not have a spleen.

As for Fletcher, MacEwen for Lemieux, and Brown for a 6th. How much longer is this idiot gonna run the team into the ground? My God, I live an hour north of Columbus and even fans around here are saying at least we dont have Fletcher...... and this from an organization that gave all the money in the state to Johnny Hockey.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

As for Fletcher, MacEwen for Lemieux, and Brown for a 6th. How much longer is this idiot gonna run the team into the ground? My God, I live an hour north of Columbus and even fans around here are saying at least we dont have Fletcher...... and this from an organization that gave all the money in the state to Johnny Hockey.

I am at a loss for words ..... and yet we have a member on here who thinks the Flyers debacle is NOT the fault of the GM or FO.   I seriously cannot make this up ......

• Uggh... 2

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

image.png.66e5a2abbaceeceaceb5ada176f70e79.png

From FC ....this says it all....for a very deep draft in years and this all this FO has to show for it.  I HATE this FO. 

Come on @tucson83 where are these great trades you keep talking about?  Who are you trading to get all these star studded players to build around?  What draft picks are you willing to give up to get these players.  Better yet what players are you willing to drop to create cap space for these start studded players?

You talk a good game but you have proven nothing ....absolutely nothing.  Your posts are as empty as air-pumps drained of air full of words with no meaning.

The fact of the matter is this .....

In short, it boils down to the fact that the Flyers don’t have the kind of assets that other teams believe deserve to be prioritized. They’re either fallback rentals, or veterans that would require the kind of complex negotiations that don’t usually go down at the deadline.

It would be a failure of epic proportions on the part of the Flyers front office for JvR — who is very much not in the organization’s future plans — to still be in Philadelphia come the weekend.

Fletcher is incompetent. His results as a GM speak for themselves. He was brought in to get the Flyers to the next level, a level above where Hexy had led them too. How’s that going ? Now we hear a pivot to “chipping”away at all the mistakes this idiot has made. I’m not sure who’s more inept the guy who’s running the show or the guy who hired him. This team sucks, but for some reason Fletcher basically wants to run it back. The Flyers are in store for more nights like Wednesday when the other teams fans can come in and take over the building. This once proud organization is a effing  joke and as Torts alluded too are no longer a respected team….great job by the morons in charge….truly embarrassing.

can you just accept the fact that this team is rebuilding or did you expect this trade deadline to give us game changers for next year?

19 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

can you just accept the fact that this team is rebuilding or did you expect this trade deadline to give us game changers for next year?

No. We expected moving some damn assets you're about to get nothing for. Like jvr. For picks and/or prospects. Like a functional, non braindead GM.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2