Players I never want to see again in Orange & Black

Zac - To me a dime-a-dozen player.  Don't care either way.

Yes, he's a very expendable player, but I like him. He's the least of our problems by far, and he's gotten better at playing within the rules each year while still laying bonecrushing hits and providing a spark for this team when it needs it.

Every team needs one of those agitators. If we can find one with more skill, so be it. The fact that Lappy is teaching him how to kill penalties increases his value.

Moving Rinaldo doesn't change a thing. You don't get an upgrade, so why chance moving a player who is part of the fabric? Keep the room as status quo as you can.

I agree on Coburn. Keep him. I don't see the negativity.

Downie, Rosehill and VLC (if you can), need to go. Hartnell can't leave soon enough for me. If you can't move him out, move him down.

Moving Rinaldo doesn't change a thing. You don't get an upgrade

Laughton and Akeson would be an upgrade over Downie and Rinaldo.

so why chance moving a player who is part of the fabric?

Because Rinaldo contributes nothing of any real value to that fabric. Except extra practice killing penalties.

The fact that Lappy is teaching him how to kill penalties increases his value.

They tried that for a few games and then abandoned it. When was the last time you saw Zac on the PK?

Sorry, I know he has his fans but the guy is worthless.

Coburn is far and away the team's best defensive d-man.

Thanks for reminding me and ruining my after noon....i guess it's worse than i admit....i need a 12 step program!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the lovely sound of pissed off fans. With the draft in Philly this year, probable wrath of losing in the opening round, and Holmgren maybe going all out, there's a nice chance to pick the bones.

Nyah ha ha!

Downie... What a waste of a trade. Hated him then, hate him now. We have IP the best PK mn on the team for this scrotum....

Never again... Please!

I think it was the perfect trade in retrospect. Talbot is still on the books for, what, 3 more years? Now we have an open spot because they won't re-sign Downie. By keeping Talbot, we'd have even more of a logjam than we do now. Akeson never would have gotten his chance.

I think it was the perfect trade in retrospect. Talbot is still on the books for, what, 3 more years? Now we have an open spot because they won't re-sign Downie. By keeping Talbot, we'd have even more of a logjam than we do now. Akeson never would have gotten his chance.

That's exactly why I liked the trade. And Talbot was terrible.

• Like 1

Laughton and Akeson would be an upgrade over Downie and Rinaldo

When I said to keep Rinaldo, I was referring to an apples to apples situation. Meaning, a fourth line energy guy who hits, grinds, and fights. If it is being interpreted to mean I would choose him over a potentiai skill player like Akeson or Laughton, then that is a misunderstanding. If the Flyers want to have a fourth line of Laughton, Akeson and whoever (Raffl, Hall, VLC, Hartnell), then sure, move Rinaldo

When I said to keep Rinaldo, I was referring to an apples to apples situation. Meaning, a fourth line energy guy who hits, grinds, and fights. If it is being interpreted to mean I would choose him over a potentiai skill player like Akeson or Laughton, then that is a misunderstanding. If the Flyers want to have a fourth line of Laughton, Akeson and whoever (Raffl, Hall, VLC, Hartnell), then sure, move Rinaldo

You don't even need to move Rinaldo. It's important to have these bubble players (and energy players) that you can insert in the lineup to shake things up and keep the top 12 forwards working hard, knowing there's a viable replacement right behind them.

You don't even need to move Rinaldo. It's important to have these bubble players (and energy players) that you can insert in the lineup to shake things up and keep the top 12 forwards working hard, knowing there's a viable replacement right behind them.

Rinaldo is just about the definition of a 13th forward.

Rinaldo is just about the definition of a 13th forward.

Exactly. He's a borderline NHLer. What he has going for him is his intensity. He's less vanilla than guys like McGinn, Vandevelde, Wellwood. Used sparingly, he can be an important piece of this team. ANd he's cheap. 

13th forward? eh...I guess. But I like when he's in the lineup, he brings energy and intensity that the Flyers need in their game. Without it they're barely an average team. Rinaldo isn't the only guy who brings that but he's one of our only heavy hitters, a guy who can change a game with 1 hit.

Sometimes he changes it for the worse - ! - but not very often.

The Flyers' talent level isn't high enough to win games on its own: they're not *really* a puck possession team and they won't be anytime soon. When the Flyers bang n crash the opposition enough those hits help open up the ice for the scorers. Zac Rinaldo, even at 8 minutes/night is key to setting that tone for the Flyers.

I keep Rinaldo, no questions asked. Besides the odd bone headed penalty, he does nothing to hurt the roster. He skates well enough to keep up the pressure on the forecheck, hits like a friggin train and works his ass off. Makes close to the vet minimum, so not a drain on the cap situation either. At least twice last year, he knocked out 2 opposing d-men in the same game, which played a huge role in wins in those particular games. That's the kinda thing that never shows up in a stat sheet, but equates to a sneaky plus.

In a long and drawn out playoff series, he's capable of hitting hard enough to eliminate key opposing players, which is a nice thing to have in your back pocket. Love his intensity and work ethic. He's not even close to being one of the major problems on this team.....way more pressing problems than this kid.

• Like 1

I keep Rinaldo, no questions asked. Besides the odd bone headed penalty, he does nothing to hurt the roster. He skates well enough to keep up the pressure on the forecheck, hits like a friggin train and works his ass off. Makes close to the vet minimum, so not a drain on the cap situation either. At least twice last year, he knocked out 2 opposing d-men in the same game, which played a huge role in wins in those particular games. That's the kinda thing that never shows up in a stat sheet, but equates to a sneaky plus.

In a long and drawn out playoff series, he's capable of hitting hard enough to eliminate key opposing players, which is a nice thing to have in your back pocket. Love his intensity and work ethic. He's not even close to being one of the major problems on this team.....way more pressing problems than this kid.

Well said.

Hartnell

Lecavalier

Rinaldo

Timonen

Coburn

Gill

Rosehill

Now that we have a goalie, the defense needs an overhaul. I love Kimmo but it's time to go. Hopeful benched VLC in the 3rd period of a game 7 will motivate him to want out. Try to sweet talk Hartnell into taking a trade anywhere. EDM wants Coburn, they can have him. No place for Gill or Rosehill on this team and Rinaldo will never be able to play in control.

I take Rinaldo of that list Sami. He's the only guy on this team that makes other players make sure they know where he is on the ice. He skates well so he's not a liability there. I add too that list...Downie and Adam Hall.

wow...check out all the love for Zac Rinaldo all of a sudden! dig that. and here I thought I was the only one. :)

Now if we could just straighten out some of you guys on Mr. Coburn.