Shayne the Friendly Ghost

radoran

1380557732628831549728.jpeg

This kid is infectious. He is the bolt of energy this team needs.

And by all accounts there are at least two more potential kids like this plus Morin.

I've roasted Holmgren on this board as much if not more than anyone else.

I always thought Holmgren drafted well. I just wish he'd kept more picks...

If sanheim or proviewit turn out to be gems, the Flyers coukd have the best young d in the league in 2-3 years AND be able to deal from strength even without losing big names.

Long term process, very good projections.

This kid is infectious.

We are seeing a Superstar being born before our eyes.....it's about f**king time i say....nice find Homer!!!!

I just got home to watch that and as my lil girl and wife are coming in all they hear is me scream in excitement...time i turned to the recording!!!

Didn't mean to scare them but i could contain myself!!!

“Nothing has changed in terms of my vision or plan necessarily, other than we called a player up that I didn’t necessarily want to call up this early,” Hextall said prior to calling up the inexperienced prospect, per NJ Advance Media. “You get two guys out, how do you plan for something like that, especially guys that play 20-some minutes? What do you do?

“One thing I’m not going to do, I’m not going to sacrifice and not give this team a fair chance at winning a hockey game for the wrong reason.

“Now am I excited about Shayne being in the lineup? No, not really. I expect he’s going to do a good job for us, but I’d would have liked to see him down there (in the AHL) for a longer period of time.

Nov 15, 2015

Easy for you to say.

What the hell is that post supposed to mean?

Damn Pods i didn't mean to make you studder.

It means its become standard for Ghost to make plays like that.

That'll be $15 for translation fees. Ca$h only.

51wexb.jpg

He is a lot of fun to watch for sure... I am holding off on the superstar talk for now and will be patient.  The kid is exactly what this Team needs and the best part is that he acts like he has been here for a long time.  Every interview he is poised and appreciative.  Going to be fun watching this kid for years to come and really does provide a lot of hope.  He still has a lot to learn defensively but he is one heck of a talent w/ the puck..    

He is a lot of fun to watch for sure... I am holding off on the superstar talk for now and will be patient.  The kid is exactly what this Team needs and the best part is that he acts like he has been here for a long time.  Every interview he is poised and appreciative.  Going to be fun watching this kid for years to come and really does provide a lot of hope.  He still has a lot to learn defensively but he is one heck of a talent w/ the puck..    

The bolded, for sure.

Very nice start to his NHL career, without question, but superstar? That will remain to be seen.

We've all pretty much told a certain Buffalo fan that Ristolainen needs more time in the NHL to be considered an elite player, despite Risto's raw skills and what he's done to this point, and the same applies to Gostisbehere.

In comparing the two statistically this year, they are remarkably similar, even taking into account Risto has about 15 more games played.

Some areas, Gostisbehere has a clear advantage, others Ristolainen unquestionably has the edge. But overall, I'd say they both are great up n comers for their teams....just not anywhere near the superstar label just yet.

I also agree the Flyers are getting a good, much needed shot in the arm, and Gostisbehere is one of the reasons why.

But yea the superstar talk?

Hey, may very well come to pass....just like Ristolainen may very well be the 'real deal'.

But just like that Buffalo d-man, I am taking a wait n see attitude with this newest Flyer D-man.

I remember hearing or reading  Gostisbehere being compared to Tory Krug, so far he's come into the league with the same quick start and is drawing similar rave reviews.   

I think the comparison is a pretty good one.  

I don't know if I think of our prospects Shayne will wind up being "the best" player, he's got terrific skating, puck skills and great hockey IQ. He's got an "it" factor though and has helped to make the season more entertaining so I'm glad he's with the big club.  I do get excited when I think a guy with his skill set may wind up on our "second pair" . 

I know Gostisbehere isn't as big, but so far, he reminds me of a better skating Sergei Zubov. When Zubov came into the league, he was an offensive dynamo as well, but he became a fantastic defender later on in his career. Defense can be taught, offense can't and Gostisbehere has that in spades. 

Shayne Gostisbehere is now tied with Johnny Gaudreau for the NHL-lead in overtime goals. Gaudreau has played 29 games. Ghost has played 15.

Per Elias, @s_ghost14 became fastest player in NHL history to post 3 OT goals (17 gms), shattering previous mark of 64 (Ryan Malone, 03/04).

Shayne Gostisbehere is now tied with Johnny Gaudreau for the NHL-lead in overtime goals. Gaudreau has played 29 games. Ghost has played 15.

Per Elias, @s_ghost14 became fastest player in NHL history to post 3 OT goals (17 gms), shattering previous mark of 64 (Ryan Malone, 03/04).

Yeah, but™ with the new BS overtime rules that's comparing apples to hex bolts.

I would expect every overtime record to be shattered. And a team that plays a lot of them could see a guy shatter a GWG record, too.

That said, good to see Gotstobehere taking advantage of opportunity.

Archived