Happy Tenth Anniversary: A Good Home After Philly.com

Howie58

33 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Thanks for having me :)

My story was similar. I initially came from the old Sportsnet boards, and when they went down in 2002, a site called "hockeyforums" was born, except with a .com, run by a guy named Hockeyman. I made a lot of friends on that site. Some are even here lol. Looking at you @JR Ewing. our old friend Mushroom cloud tried to join too and was promptly banned hahahaha

That site took a turn for the worst when Hockeyman sold it to verticalscope, a crap company that bought up forums and tried to network them by merging them and then forgetting they existed and not fixing problems. Overall it was like a corporate takeover ala AOL buying Time warner.

The old guard slowly buggered off. We tried once or twice to keep in touch and see if we could reignite the spark, but it was doomed. Enter @hf101 sending me a message telling me to try this new forum in 2013. I basically said "F that place" and tried to talk as many into coming here as I could. The funny thing is, I banned HF101 at first because we had a spambot problem on that site and he asked me to unban him lol. before I left I took hundreds of threads and merged them into 1 enormous thread called "garbageball" and stickied it.

Was @yave1964a member of your old for? I can’t remember…. @hf101 and I had a hand of getting Dave here…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Was @yave1964a member of your old for? I can’t remember…. @hf101 and I had a hand of getting Dave here…

Nope lol. We had a hardcore wings fan named Haliax. his name was Wingsnut19 over there. He hasn't posted since 2018 here tho....And Maddevil also came over and a few others, but few stuck

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nope lol. We had a hardcore wings fan named Haliax. his name was Wingsnut19 over there. He hasn't posted since 2018 here tho....And Maddevil also came over and a few others, but few stuck

I remember those names…..

i just couldn’t remember where they all came from…

17 minutes ago, sarsippius said:

Nice trip down memory lane there, a few names I haven't thought about in a loooong time. But I don't miss Kuato...

Not here much over the last several years, but always a supporting member of this most excellent community.  Thanks to everyone for keeping it going

Speaking of whatever happened to...nice to see you back!

2 hours ago, sarsippius said:

And good to see you here as well my good man, along with Podes and Rux and Coach X et al, good to see some things stay the same

Really good to see you.   Hope you're doing well.    Don't be a stranger!

I just looked at my total, over 8,600 posts. How you guys have put up with my BS for the last eight or nine years that I have been here is beyond me. Apparently Philly fans are a patient bunch who suffer fools gladly, lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Even Philadelphia Flyers fans are sometimes civil!🤠

Don't tell anyone.  We have an image to keep and all that rot.

Now, if I could only remember where I left my snowball...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1