If only thread....

Guest pilldoc

Hey I liked the way quint responded to my thread with an ..."if only statement".....thought it could be fun and continue the thought...feel free to add on.....

If only Renberg didn't slice his neck and tear his abdomen...if only....

...if only Lindros kept his head up coming through the middle of the ice when Scott Stevens leveled him...(essentially ending his career with the Flyers at that moment).....

if only.......if only......

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, July 20, 2013 - To be review
Hidden by Digityman, July 20, 2013 - To be review

If only.....if only Gary Bettman's mother did not give in to pressure and have the abortion..............besides the failed one that continues to try and destroy the game of Hockey......

• Like 2

If only we had the first pick in the draft in the 2007 entry draft...

If only the Predators did not match Weber's deal...

If only ... Ed Snyder did not lobby for a lottery draft system during previous lockout (for the sole reason of having a prayers chance in drafting Sidney Crosby). We would've drafted Kane.

If only...

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, July 20, 2013 - Reviewed
Hidden by Digityman, July 20, 2013 - Reviewed

If only Bettman's mother swallowed. If only Brodeur would age normally. If only the NHL would keep refs accountable and consistent. If only the Flyers beat Chicago after that amazing playoff run.

If only we picked Jagr instead of Ricci in the 90 draft, If only we kept Forsberg, and didn't do the Lindros trade in 93... We would have had a line of Forsberg ,Jagr and Renberg, Leclair with Brindy on the second line. as well as having Simon, Hexy, Duschene, Huffman...

• Like 2

If only Bob Clarke wouldnt been such a jackass- He should have upgraded the defense instead of start a long silly fight with Lindros and his family. It still pisses me off thinking about that we had one of the best lines ever in the legion of doom. There is only ONE thing that kept us from the cup - BAD GM! adding a couple of better defensmen I think we would have take the cup following year,

• Like 1

@Flyingswede I'll never forget the Clarke press conference when he signed Hatcher and Rathje, reasoning that he needed big D men to cope with the large centermen in the East. Good idea in theory, but even at the time of the signing, Rathje was not mobile, and Hatch was regressing from the beast he once was. I honestly thought to myself "this is gonna get ugly"...and it sure did!

@yave1964 One of the most emotional experiences I've ever had as a fan was watching Vlady get wheeled out for his first public appearance after the accident. He was reallly one of the toughest SOB's to lace up skates, which says a lot, cause I've seen thousands of players in my day. He was a special athlete from the first moment he stepped on an NHL ice surface. It was huge blow to lose him the way he went.....really sad, especially for those living in and around the Detroit area. I try to remember the good times, and he supplied many of those. A true warrior, in every sense of the word.

• Like 1